- How to Make Ginger Ale (4.6 out of 5)
- How To Make A Cellphone Pouch (4.6 out of 5)
- How To Make An Anklet Or Bracelet (4.45 out of 5)
- How To Make A Recycling Bin (4.43 out of 5)
- How to Make a Heating Pad (4.4 out of 5)
- How To Make Toys And Games (4.38 out of 5)
- How to Make an Olive Oil Lamp (4.33 out of 5)
- How to Make a Drum (4.3 out of 5)
- How To Make Swamp Slime (4.3 out of 5)
- How To Build Hover Shoes (4.29 out of 5)
- How To Make Swamp Slime - 18 comments
- How to Make Laundry Detergent - 11 comments
- How to Make Dry Ice - 10 comments
- How To Make School Projects - 8 comments
- How To Make A Model Of Our Solar System - 7 comments
- How To Make Toys And Games - 7 comments
- How To Make Perfume - 5 comments
- How to Make Clip-in Hair Extensions - 4 comments
How To Make Clothes and Textiles
People need clothes and fabrics for various purposes. Fabrics are usually turned into clothes, while other textiles are sewn to become curtains, pillows and table runners. As you can see, textiles are quite useful as they make our lives a bit more convenient. Some people have even devoted their careers into styling clothes and textiles. In your case, you can make your own set of clothes and textile-based products, whenever you see the need for them arise. You just need your sewing kit and a few bucks to get the job done.
There is a fallacy that you need to spend handfuls of cash if you want to get textiles for your home or clothing needs. You will indeed spend hundreds of dollars if you go on a shopping spree for ready-made clothing or manufactured textile items. If you opt to just create your own textile products, you will spend only a fraction of what you usually pay for store items. You can get fabrics used for clothes, curtains and linens for a few dollars per yard, which is cheaper then a hundred dollar designer item.
To create clothes and textiles, you simply need to have:
- a sewing needle
- a sewing thread
- measuring tape
If you have a sewing machine at home, you can often create textile items in less than an hour.
The General Creation Process
- Cut the components of your textile item from the fabric.
- Sew the pieces together.
- Add on embellishments and decorations such as trim, buttons, and embroidery.
This process goes for all types of textile items, even the complicated ones like cargo pants and patterned curtains.
By the way, all clothes and textile items are dependent on precise measurements since they are made to fit other things such as tables, windows and your torso. You should get the measurements of the things to be fitted with textile products before you start turning fabrics into clothes and linens. Also, you can sketch the outline of your finished product on a piece of paper, along with the dimensions so that you have a guide throughout the creation process. If you aren’t the type to draw your own designs, patterns can be purchased as well.
Clothes and textiles are quite easy to create. With enough sewing skills and the right sewing equipment, you can whip up a textile storm right in your own room, without necessarily thinning your wallet.
Watch The Video
How To Make A T-Shirt
How They Make Clothes in Peru
Sewing & Fashion Design : Making Your Own Clothes