- How to Make Ginger Ale (4.6 out of 5)
- How To Make A Cellphone Pouch (4.6 out of 5)
- How To Make An Anklet Or Bracelet (4.45 out of 5)
- How To Make A Recycling Bin (4.43 out of 5)
- How to Make a Heating Pad (4.4 out of 5)
- How To Make Toys And Games (4.38 out of 5)
- How to Make an Olive Oil Lamp (4.33 out of 5)
- How To Make A Model Of Our Solar System (4.31 out of 5)
- How to Make a Drum (4.3 out of 5)
- How To Make Swamp Slime (4.3 out of 5)
- How To Make Swamp Slime - 18 comments
- How to Make Laundry Detergent - 11 comments
- How to Make Dry Ice - 10 comments
- How To Make School Projects - 8 comments
- How To Make A Model Of Our Solar System - 7 comments
- How To Make Toys And Games - 7 comments
- How To Make Perfume - 5 comments
- How to Make Clip-in Hair Extensions - 4 comments
How To Make The Proper Sporting Equipment
For a budding athlete, he cannot participate in his favorite activity without the distinct piece of equipment that is attached to every sport, the sporting good. Sporting goods are pretty abundant as they can be bought in every sports stores. Unfortunately, the pricing for sporting goods is rather stiff, especially for a young high school athlete.
Instead of buying pricey pieces of sports equipment, you can just make your own sporting goods. Balls, bats and other equipment are all made from cheap raw materials. The production process also won’t cause you to shell out a lot of cash. Evidently, self-made sporting goods are much cheaper than their commercialized counterparts. You just have to deal with the tricky procedures to create fine sports equipment.
Balls: Sew or Mold
Balls like basketballs, golf balls, soccer balls and bowling balls are made from different materials and have vastly different production processes. A basketball’s exterior is usually made of grip-friendly rubber or leather. It has a rubber bladder that makes the ball firm and inflatable. A soccer ball is characterized by its black and white sections that directly influence the properties of the ball. A golf ball and the bowling ball are both made of composite materials and have synthetic cores that influence the important ball spin.
- Softer balls are usually made through careful measurements and a lot of sewing. A high powered sewing machine is needed to provide stitches through the tough exteriors of basketballs, soccer balls and baseballs.
- As for the harder balls, a visit to custom ball-makers is necessary so that you could form bowling balls and golf balls. The materials used to mold composite balls are pretty expensive and hard to create, which is why you have to seek the aid of a professional.
Boards: Prioritize the Playable Surface
Compared to balls, sports boards are a lot easier to create. You just need a good supply of wood and some carpentry skills to get the job done. Since board sports like chess and checkers are reliant on the playable surfaces of their boards, you should be very precise with your measurements. One slight miscalculation can ruin the integrity of a board, which can make you lose a lot of cash in the process or end up with a substandard board. The trick is to outline the dimensions of each board component on your wooden workpiece to be consistent with your measurements.
Bats: Dimension is the Key
Bats are pretty specific when it comes to their weight, length and composition. A slight difference in the standard measurements or wood content can change the ball reaction per swing. You have to be very accurate with the dimensions of your bat, including the weight. You should use your saw with much precision. Also, you should select the right type of wood to meet the bat composite requirements of your sport, whether it is baseball, field hockey or croquet.
Sporting goods are not easy to create by any means. Oftentimes, sports equipment manufacturers use heavy machinery to efficiently create sporting goods. The main difference is athletes are driven by hard physical activities and manufacturers are regular Joes that happen to have the right machines to create sporting goods. As an athlete, you are built like a machine so you would not have a problem making your own sports equipment.
Watch The Video
How To Make A Bowling Ball
Akadema Shows You How A Baseball Bat Is Made
Making A Chess Board The Quick & Easy Way